This week my main focus has been running and getting 7-8 hours of sleep. I have gotten three nights of 8 hour sleeps this week and I am starting to notice the positive impacts it has on my day. I find it much easier to get out of bed in the morning to start my day and I feel more energized throughout the day. However, something I am struggling with is getting into bed in time for an 8-hour sleep. By the time I get home, do my homework, exercise and have dinner the night has already flown by and I have very little time left for getting to bed when I need to, usually around 9:30 – 10 pm. I will have to get used to this change and become more organized in the evenings to use my time more wisely.

Throughout this week, I have run every other day for at least 20 minutes! But, I’m finding it hard to get the motivation to run harder than going to the gym. Running has never been something I loved, especially for long distances, which is why I believe it is hard for me to find the motivation to run difficult. With that being said, once I get going on my run it’s never as bad as I anticipated and I feel much better after completing it. On the days that I ran, I found myself tired and ready for bed, if I was organized enough I could usually get ready and head to bed at a decent time. Once, I was asleep I woke up very infrequently which is a step in the right direction! However, I have not been able to determine whether or not running has played a role in me sleeping better or if it’s the other life changes I am making that are impacting my sleep.

Next week, I hope to work this Youtube yoga practice into my bedtime routine to see if it helps me calm my mind before bed.